Q3 performance in line with expectations — continued market share improvements across regions. Unless otherwise stated, comments in this announcement refer to year-to-date performance.
- Organic net revenue up by 2% to DKK 51.3bn (Q3: +4%). Continued solid beer price/mix of +2% (Q3: +4%).
- Group operating profit of DKK 7.6bn influenced by higher input costs; poor weather in Q2 and July; and phasing of sales and marketing investments. Q3 organic operating profit growth of 5%.
- Net profit up by 28% to DKK 5.4bn. Adjusted net profit down 3% but up 7% in Q3.
- Free cash flow of DKK 5.1bn driven by positive trade working capital and sale of brewery site.
- 2012 earnings outlook maintained.
- Total Western European beer market excluding Poland contracted 2-3%. The Russian beer
- market grew slightly.
- Group organic beer volume was flat.
- Solid Western Europe organic beer volume growth of 1%.
- Eastern European organic beer volumes decline of 7%. Adjusted for Russian destocking in Q1 and suspended production in Uzbekistan, organic beer volume decline was 1%.
- Russian beer volume decline of 1% (adjusted for Q1 destocking) but 2% growth in Q3.
- Strong Asian organic volume growth of 10%.
- Russian market share continued the positive trend increasing to 38.9% in Q3, a 100bp improvement vs Q2 2012 and 110bp vs Q3 2011.
- Solid Western European market share growth from strong execution of commercial activities.
- Continued market share improvements in Asia.
- Ongoing strong performance by our international premium brands with 9% Carlsberg brand growth in premium markets and 6% Tuborg brand growth.
- Carlsberg signed up to global commitments to reduce harmful use of alcohol and committed EUR 25m for investment in Russian environmental projects over five years, in partnership with UNIDO.
- Voluntary offer and delisting of Baltika Breweries completed.
PDF: Interim results as at 30 September 2012